Can’t wait to stride with these amazing mamas tomorrow morning!!! See you ladies at 9AM! #strengthformotherhood #strollerstrides
The Myths and Facts of Prenatal Fitness
MYTH: You shouldn't workout during pregnancy if you were not previously engaged in an exercise program prior to becoming pregnant
- ACSM states a healthy woman may continue with her regular exercise regimen or begin a new program during pregnancy.
- If you have not exercised prior, start slow and build up gradually.
- Consistency is most important.
FACT: Exercise may prevent gestational diabetes
- Exercise has an insulin like effect on the muscles causing blood sugar levels to drop.
- 3-5% of pregnant women will get Gestational Diabetes.
- REGULAR exercise is one of the most important factors in prevention!
- Small meals, include protein, reduce sugars.
MYTH: You should cut back exercise in the last trimester
- You might cut down the intensity, but you should remain consistent.
- It's important to continue at a similar RPE throughout the pregnancy.
MYTH: Pregnant women should not exercise more than three times per week